OK, first of all, can I just say….it feels very wrong saying 3 years strong, because I’ve been with this dude for basically my entire adult life, so saying 3 years feels like I’m shortchanging our relationship.
Happy 3rd Anniversary Jonathan!!
I love you so very much!
Our 1st Anniversary: We went to Vegas to celebrate, we found out we were pregnant and it was a crazy amazing celebration!
Our 2nd Anniversary: We had a sleeping 4 month old and just went out to dinner at one of our fave spots
Now, for our 3rd anniversary we’ve got a screechy baby, a bruck foot man, and a sleepy preggo lady. We’re SO not doing anything to celebrate big. I vote we just order in from this indo-chinese place we like and call it a night. (I’ll report back to you on FB to tell you what we actually did.)
This was a big year for us, and a trying one as well. We had some great laughs and wonderful times raising our son. We enjoyed a fun family vacation, and we found out we’re expecting another baby! On the other side, this year John’s accident changed our dynamic a whole lot. We had more struggles than we’ve ever had. Despite any hard times we’ve had,
and wanting to punch him in the face sometimes, and any more to come….it’s comforting knowing that I’m doing the ups and downs of life with my best friend. My homeyloverfriend. (what’s that from?)
Here’s a bit of what I learned in my 3rd year of marriage:
- I heard it before, but now I truly get it: Marriage takes constant (read: CONSTANT) work.
- Sharing really kinda sucks, I get why kids don’t wanna do it. #onlychildsyndrome
- We MUST compromise and take turns with undesirable responsibilities (like waking at 5am with a crazy toddler)
- Fighting is useless when you want to just be right
- Frequent “State of the Union addresses” are super necessary
- Staying connected physically is worth its weight in marriage gold
- Fatherhood makes husbands sexier
- It’s ALL about teamwork. (COUGH: and I’m the coach! COUGH)
- Let it go. Just let it go. It’s not that serious. (This lesson I’m working HARD on lol)
I’m excited to see what our fourth year of marriage brings!
We’ve got a big move south, a major shift in my business, a second child coming into the world, and lots of new experiences and challenges. I gotta tell ya, I’m supremely grateful that I’m doing all of these things with my Johnny.
How do you celebrate your anniversaries?