I’m a Shaun T junkie.
I love to hate him, and I love the results he gets me when I’m consistent with his programs.
After Rohan, I lost my weight with Insanity. (pic above) I loved it because it was effective and getting through those workouts made me feel like a superhero. But I didn’t like how long and drawn out the workouts got toward the end.
After Kaya I started my weight loss journey with Focus T25: (Remember?)
And I love the workouts but now I’m looking for something new.
My plan is to do Focus T 25 Gamma (The third part of T25 that includes weight training along with cardio) for December, and start a new program on January 5th when I lead my next online workshop.
Now the big decision that must be made is….do I try Shaun T’s new Insanity Max 30 (it comes out December 2!!) or Tony Horton’s P90X3.
They’re both just 30 minutes. They’re both intense programs. They’re both going to get me great results….
Pro vs Con List time!
There are some really big PROs for both programs:
Insanity Max 30 PROs:
- You have the option to have the modifier on the screen the whole time (I hate waiting to see Tania on T25 lol)
- You challenge yourself every workout to go hard and see what time you max out – makes it more fun to me.
- It’s Shaun T, I love him.
- It’s balls to the wall cardio, and body weight resistance workouts that I know will help me lose the weight I re-gained and then some
- The nutrition plan works with the 21 Day fix and it’s portion control containers.
- It’s brand new to me. I like novelty
- It is a great mix of cardio, weight training, pilates and yoga. So lots of variety to keep me from being bored.
- It’s 90 days so I won’t have to think about what to do next for a while LOL (easy button #pleasedontmakemethink)
- It looks really intense, so I know it’ll be a huge self esteem boost when I complete each day’s workout
- Everyone I know that did it got amazing results
And the only CON is:
- P90X3 – I’ve never done a Tony Horton program and not sure if I’ll love him like I love Shaun T.
Is that really a con or is that just me being a weirdo? I’m not quite sure.
Note: I’m kinda picky with trainers on my workout programs, I took a fitness DVD back to the store and got a full refund just because I didn’t like Denise Austin’s voice. (Sorry, Denise.)
Which program would you choose?
Insanity Max 30 or P90X3?
CLICK HERE to have me as your free coach. Msg me on FB and I will add you to my free wellness group!
KLP @ SavingOurStrands says
I have NO clue which one you should pick but I totally agree with you about the workouts being LOONNGGG and drawn out. With two little people clinging to my feet and a super busy hubby, finding 60 minutes of complete silence in my house is impossible!
No matter which one you choose—I know that you’re gonna kill it!
KLP @ SavingOurStrands
Right? Sheesh. Aint nobody got time for that LMAO. 30 minutes? I can handle that. Let’s see what Insanity Max 30 brings my way
I am scared of Insanity. The End.
Girl. It’s rough. But…I’m gunna go for it again 🙂 Don’t be scrrrd. Do it with me!
First, love the rebranded look and feel of the site! Secondly….WHOA to your results! I have a destination wedding next summer and come hell or high water I will be wearing a bikini. Even if I don’t reach my goals, I have decided I will wear one as punishment to myself for not getting focused. My bf suggested T25 because of my busy busy schedule. After seeing your results, I know there is something to it.
Question, did you follow the meal plan?