First of all….. how cute is our image above. We’re just too adorable for our own good!!
OK…If you’re curious about what the hell this linkup is all about…. check out SavingOurStrands‘ explanation… she summed it up perfectly!
Random Fitness Thoughts
- I noticed something about myself: I am a stress eater. I’ve been ripping and running down here getting things done…and throwing everything down my throat. (I already told you about my setback, and what I’m doing about it.)
- Shaun T is the best and worst ever. I’m back at T25, and loving it…and hating it. (Only because I lapsed so long)
- I’m psyched to have 3 weeks up in New York to get my eating back under control. John’s on board so it’ll be easier to get back on track. My real challenge will be when I return to Florida next month and have to handle all the temptation traps Gram sets for me.
- Grateful for Florida weather, that allows me to run outdoors during the winter! I will run on a dreadmill if I have to, but I much prefer the wind on my face and running in real terrain, outside.
- Excited to start my next challenge group. December 1 is when we start. I will be doing T25 Gamma, and my challengers will do their choice of workouts. The theme will be Avoiding Holiday Weight Gain and setting up for success in the new year. I’m psyched. (Join Us!!)
Sales & Giveaways
If you read the November OKDani Newsletter, then you already know this, but I’m doing a few sales & giveaways!
I’m giving away Two Beachbody Workout Programs!
Either: Piyo, 21 Day Fix, Les Mills Combat, Body Beast or the brand new Tony Horton program: P90! (Your choice!)
All clients who make any order during the month of November and December will be entered in a drawing to win a workout program (winner pulled on Jan 1)
(No minimum. So even if you just order a Taste Sample of Shakeology to test it out, you can win a full workout program!)
All clients who make any order on Black Friday (Nov. 28) will be entered in a drawing to win a workout program! (winner pulled on November 29th)
(Next month I am having a holiday giveaway with no purchase required for everyone who is signed up with me as their free coach, so sign up here, and check the December newsletter for the announcement of what you can win!)
To say THANK YOU to my awesome readers, clients and customers….
I’m having a “Black Friday Beachbody Bonus”!
Everyone who orders a Challenge Pack through me will receive a hard copy (or kindle version) Clean Eating Book/Guide
Everyone who orders a Fitness Program through me will receive $5 Cash Back or a Shaker Cup for their smoothies/Shakes
Everyone who orders Shakeology on Home Direct will receive $5 Cash back AND a Shaker Cup for their Shakeology
Everyone who orders a Challenge Pack & Signs On as a Discount Coach will get theirsign on fees waived and receive a Blender for their Shakeology!
(email me for more info! okaydani @ gmail . com)
What are your random fitness thoughts?
KLP @ SavingOurStrands says
I’m so jealous that you’re nice and warm running outside in Florida while I’m in 20 layers on the east coast freezing!
My random #fitnessfriday realization: when I have a race to train for I’m way more motivated to workout than when I don’t. Which means that I need to find a bunch of races to run in 2015!
Do you jog with your kiddos?
KLP @ SavingOurStrands
i came back up yesterday to pack up. Lemme tell you. NYC is FRIGID. I don’t like this mess. I’m ready to pay the exorbitant change fee and go back early…like…tomorrow lol
You know what…. you’ve inspired me. I think I’m going to look for a race to train for as well!!! *GULP* And yes, I fastwalk with Ro in the stroller and Kaya on my chest, but I jog solo.
I havent tried any of Shaun T’s workouts but I hear great things. Maybe I should try that if I can get some people here to do it with me. Love the random fitness thoughts.
Giiiirl, his workouts are NO joke. Come on over to the dark side boo… (and *COUGH* feel free to buy thru me *COUGH*)
I am a stress eater, too. I try to drink water and eat light snacks when I feel like putting something in my mouth.
That’s good. I’m trying to go towards green tea at night. What do u usually snack on?
Unfortunately I’m with you: I’m a stress eater. Being in the middle of my last semester of organic chemistry, the move, life, etc., I found myself grabbing for unhealthy food options. I was eating more carbs / starches mainly, which are my enemy.
I looked at it holistically. I was exercising more. I wasn’t eating refined carbs. I was drinking water more. I wasn’t drinking soda and eating dessert everyday. I kept the carbs to the afternoon. I felt more bloated but my waist hadn’t increased in size and I was doing my best to eat more slowly which has both epigenetic effects on how you handle calories and also helps by having my stomach send the “I’m full” signal to my brain with eating less food.
By looking at the situation rationally I didn’t slip down the rabbit hole of self pity and self loathing where I slip off the wagon completely and self destruct.
I’ll have to be more careful with thanksgiving and xmas approaching but I think i’m going to make it.