So here goes. Part 2.
In January I posted THIS great idea.
And I stuck to it, until THIS happened.
Now it’s June, and I’m going to abstain from shopping until November 1.
This includes: clothing, books, shoes, accessories, hair products (gulp), jewelry and toys (ie: house stuff).
Biggest of all — And I honestly don’t know if I can even do it — I’m adding eating out to the ban. I’m allowing myself only one date night dinner out with John, and one dinner out w/ friends each month. (starting July cuz I already have 6 dinners set up for this month)
This is a massive undertaking for me. Last time it was just a clothes ban.
There are a few exceptions though:
1. My OPKs – I’m buying bulk online super cheap this week
2. I Love My Nonna, I love my Grumpa, and I love my Uncle items – for whenever I announce pregnancy to my immediate family
3. A skinnny black belt – Did I tell you that I sat down and my belt Popped!? it POPPED yall. Who pops a leather belt? ::raises hand:: Me, apparently.
4. Textbooks – gotta do it for school (and how bout they cost $500 effin dollars for 3 classes?! highway robbery)
5. Leave-in and Deep Conditioner – Now, I run out of these products the fastest, BUT I will not buy a new one until I finish my last one. I’m going to use up all I have first.
That’s the plan, and here’s the why:
1. To save money for tuition and baby H (biggest and best reason)
2. To use up and continually re-use what I already have
3. To help with the clutter clear out process. No adding more stuff to the mix.
4. Cuz it feels good and not shopping will give me more time
5. Because it truly is a challenge and I like a challenge
So, who’s with me?! Who will cut shopping or other needless spending out of their lives? What will you ban yourself from? What’s your plan and why are you doing it? Are you saving for something in particular or just trying to change a habit?