Please tell me you thought of Pimpin’ Aint Easy when you read this post’s title.
OK OK How about….
It’s hard out there for a WAHM
Would that’ve been a better title?
Why are pimp references on my brain?
I don’t know….
I’m not a fan of prostitution…but I do like the slick look of those 70s pimps…
WTF am I talking about?
Maybe I should just start the post now huh.
^i’m not erasing that stuff – does that make me an “authentic” blogger? LOL
So….back on point….WAHMing truly Aint Easy! I am learning a lot. Namely, the cosmic law of: As soon as you set down to do something important your son will start a crying fit, or try to eat a wire, or climb into a suitcase and yell until you get him out, or shove a microscopic piece of something into his mouth for you to fish out as he bites your finger and screams, or have a poopsplosion that he hasn’t had since he was a newborn, or bite through the corner of a box of wipes like a damn billy goat, or get half his body stuck under the couch or start gnawing at his hand so he can get a snack or….. just come up to you with the cutest smile and coo ‘mama’ so you think he actually means it and you give up your efforts at working and snuggle with him and play with him and his empty sprite bottle for what seems like minutes but is really over an hour.
Either way he’s a saboteur.
I’m learning a lot about balance (or really, the lack thereof), my own internal “shoulds” and the slipperiness of time. I get on my clients about them “shouldding themselves to death” when they start going on about what they should or shouldn’t be doing, and then I find myself taking a bit fat “should” on my day-to-day schedule. When I really…..shouldn’t. hehe
Other Lessons learned in the past two weeks:
- Rohan is a saboteur
- Everything doesn’t have to be balanced evenly at all times
- Stay away from energy zappers, low frequency, negative people, and “haters” (i can’t stand that word, but sometimes it just fits!)
- I create or detroy my time
- Coffee is magical
- Procrastination is the devil…but oh so fun (candy crush saga anyone?)
- Inspiration is fleeting, ride that wave when it hits
- Pinning my son’s squiarmy body down with my leg so I can change him quickly on the floor and get back to work doesn’t make me a bad mom
- PR people can be extremely annoying or extremely awesome
- Remembering to be open to receiving good things gets thwarted when I’m overtired, annoyed, headachey and overwhelmed
What I’m doing well with:
- Getting my work related to-do items done
- Being responsive
- Getting my e-life organized
- Trying to be wifely (key word: trying)
- Fitting in workouts (!)
- Avoiding TV (I only watch my very favorite shows)
What I need to improve:
- Self care
- Keeping myself in a state of high vibrations
- Using naptimes more efficiently
- Pre-blogging (I love just sitting down and “talking” with you gurls, but I should do it before hand and schedule it!)
Overall, I’m doing well with this WAHM thing I think. I’m continuing to blog and am working on writing projects, and most exciting to me is that I’m rebranding and relaunching my coaching business. My website is embarrassingly pitiful. Seriously. It doesn’t even feel like it belongs to me. The poor biz has been living on word of mouth alone. (All praise be to Allah for that!) I’ve got my plans together for how to expand it…It’s all just so exciting.
Who was it that said that once a decision is made…somethingsomethingsomething... providence moves too? LOL….Neville maybe? Goethe? Whatever…all I know is, I’ve made my decision, and now stuff is startin’ to MOVE! 🙂 Resources are coming my way, my network is expanding, and I feel like I am expanding, as a woman, a mother, an entrepreneur…
WAHMing aint easy. It’s a challenge, but I”m more than ready/willing/able to take it on.
Note to self: Find the daggone quote I was thinkin’ about and ammend this post!
To my WAHMS out there, how has it been going for you?