Hmmmm Will he propose soon?
Here’s the shortened scoop on Me and my Unromantic Loverboy:
- Been with him FOREVER. I’m talking since I was 19.
- Enjoyed Blissful Young Love and a crazy long “honeymoon phase”
- Ups & Downs Ensued
- Decided to Grow Up and get ourselves together
- Moved in together Feb 2009
- Decided to get married (yes we unromantic-ally DECIDED, yet no proposal)
- We go shopping for Rings (So my dumb ass is thinking a proposal is coming)
- Started Semi-Planning a small low key wedding together (still no proposal)
- Serious Family Health Issues – Planning put on hold (still…no…proposal)
- May 2010 He tells me he’s buying me a ring (Now I’m pissed he spilled it, but happy to know it)
- June 2010 He sends me this picture in an email:
Me on the inside: GRRRRRRR – How unromantic and practical can you get?!? GOSH!! …..but….. YAAAAY!!! It’s beautiful…you did good you big lug!! OMG OMG A PROPOSAL IS COMING!!
Me: I like it
John: OK Good. (AND WALKS OUT THE ROOM – HOW DARE HE!?!?!?)
So now I’m all hyped and giggety that I’ll be getting a ring soon. And my daydreams (well the ones that are not about vacation) are all about how, when, and where he’ll propose.
I really hope it’s touching and “Aww-worthy”, but….I fear he doesn’t have the capability.
Now, I don’t need doves, and violins and rose petals and all that saccharine stuff, but I do want a sweet and heartfelt proposal. But John’s sooo lacking in the romance department that I feel like he’s gunna be like: “Oh, look what came in the mail today!” and throw a ring box on my lap.
I truly hope he comes better than that.
So there’s the story. Guess it wasn’t so short after all. My bad.
I need you girls to send up prayers for a proposal sooner than later for me….or I’m gunna have to walk around the house humming “Single Ladies” till he gets the point!