So, 2012 was great. Some wonderful memories and huge life milestones were hit and I just know 2013 is going to be just as amazing or better.
No, scratch that, 2013 is definitely going to be better than 2012! I have a lot to look forward to, including:
Last year my only trip was to Florida to have my extended maternal family meet Roey. This year I have three trips to look forward to, and I’m Sooo Excited. February: Florida to see family, May: Cruising to Bermuda (never been there before), July: BlogHer in Chicago (never been there either!) I realize I always forget to do post-trip posts on my blog. The only one I ever did was the series of wedding weekend posts (parts 1, 2, and 3 if you’re interested) so this year I’m going to try to do vacay recaps for you when I return.
2. Roey turning one!!
Yeah I’m loving all the milestones my little 7 month bundle of energy is reaching, but that year-one birthday is really something special. My plan is to have a casual little backyard barbeque birthday party for him at my mom and dad’s house. I can’t wait until it gets closer so I can plan.
3. My old body!! (or better)
Oh girls, I feel like I’m slowly turning back into a health nut. I’m eating way better, thanks to Dr. Fuhrman’s Eat To Live book (get it HERE for FREE! – you’re welcome) and it’s slow going but I’m starting to move my jiggly butt more and be active again, so the last of the baby weight (8lbs left) will go bye bye and I can regain some semblance of a decent body shape after some serious weight training. I’ll be starting a “Fit Fridays” series here on the blog too.
4. John’s acceptance letters!!
This is the year John will be applying to schools and (hopefully) getting accepted which means we’ll be moving either somewhere else in Jersey, or NY, or FL to be near his school. I can’t wait to move to a place I know I’ll be staying put for a long while. My fingers (and toes) are crossed for acceptances in South Florida so we can have a lot of family support around us….and warm weather…and we can look to purchase our first home. Pray for him please! Heck pray for both of us please!
5. My business growing and expanding!!
I’m nervous and excited about launching my biz website, and expanding my coaching, consulting and writing business. Ideally I’ll be bringing home a salary equivalent to my old corporate america 9-5 salary within 2 years. This past year really helped me learn and form a clearer picture of my career and 2013 is a year of creation (more on that later) and implementation of what I learned.
This wasn’t a part of my original plans for this post, but as I’m writing it I’m just getting filled to overflowing with gratitude so I just want to give a quick list of what I’m grateful for right this very minute:
- Roey napping so I can bang this post out
- Giving spirits, like Terri, and others who love to help and share
- All of my friends, and e-friends who give such great advice and listening ears
- TV On Demand – I just discovered the Joe Schmo show and I’m DYING
- Memory foam pillows and tempurpedic bed – I am about to fall asleep as soon as I hit publish, so comfy
- Ideas, thoughts, creativity, plans, and actions
- Support from my wonderful partner, best friend, and husband Jonathan
- The internet at large
- Things to look forward to
- My amazing bloggy friends and blog readers, you’re so supportive and I love you
- Probably not having Meniere’s disease
- PR Companies sending awesome stuff our way (and the giveaways for you that it leads to!)
- The gym nearby being so cheap (thank you new years deals!)
- My journal
- My unclecurtisjug of cold water standing here reminding me to chug a lug
What are you looking forward to in 2013? What are you grateful for right this very minute? Have an awesome day girls!