It’s that time again. Money Checkup time for the week:
1. The most I spent last week was: $500 on textbooks. Can you believe that ish?! I checked tons of textbook sites and ended up finding everything cheapest on half.com (and I used mr.rebates for some cash back too!) PS: check out Valore Books for great textbook prices.
2. Today I am thankful: that I can pay for school out of pocket without having to resort to loans w/ interest thanks to a loan from the bank of M&D (mom n dad) I’ll be paying them back in huge chunks (like…i’ll be paying an additional effin rent payment) each month, but I’d rather do that than have to pay interest and end up spending more on this blasted degree.
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free thing I did last week that made me happy was: lay on the couch, stuff my face and watch that idiot Ashley on the bachelorette make a fool of herself with that a-hole Bentley.
4. I will consider this week a success if: I spend no unplanned funds, get to work before 9:30 and kick my to-do list’s ass.
5. One thing I appreciate about my dad is: Oh where to begin? I refuse to pick just one thing. He’s the best dad ever. He survived the segregated south, abuse, ignorance, poverty, and thrived despite all of it. He’s totally psycho, hysterically funny, scarily smart and knows something about everything, a terrible dancer which is so much fun to watch, has the hugest smile ever, is quick thinking and super intuitive, totally macgyver and can fix anything, fun to be around, hard working, annoyingly honest, kind, loving and spoils his family even though he pretends to be gruff and tough…and even tho he’s a skinny lil thing he can intimidate like he’s 6’10, 300lbs of muscle. My fave thing: He always reminds me that I’m his favorite daughter. (yes, i’m his ONLY daughter, but I still like to hear it! hehehe)
JOIN US – LINK UP with MY PRETTY PENNIES!!
What was your money week like?
1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on _____.
2. Today I am thankful ___________.
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free thing I did last week that made me happy was_____________.
4. I will consider this week a success if I _____________.
5. One thing I appreciate about my dad is _______________.