Setting career goals for 2014 was important to me even though I feel like it’s going to be such a hectic year that if I just get out of bed in the morning and make it back to bed at night I’ll be winning at life. (not kidding)
My main career goal for 2014 is to earn enough to remain a stay at home mom with our child(ren).
It was really important for John and I that I would be able to stay home for at least the first year of our kids’ lives. Super (duper!) blessed that I was able to for Rohan, and with BabyH2.0 making her appearance in March, I’m hoping that we’ll be able to swing it for her as well. Anything outside of that I’m treating as a happy bonus.
Ideally, I’ll be a WAHM forever!
By December 31, 2014 I will have:
- Created and maintained a dedicated work space in the new apartment
- Developed a work schedule around the kids/house that stretches but doesn’t stress me
- Be published on at least 5 larger sites to draw more eyes to OKDani
- Used social media in a more strategic way to increase traffic and stats
- Stopped playing small and actively pitched companies and promoted OKDani
- Secured an amazingly wonderful sponsorship/partnership opportunity with a large brand
- Expanded my coaching offerings (Moved from only the 1:1 coaching model)
- Created an ebook to draw in new eyes to my coaching practice
- Developed my mailing list and newsletters for OKDani and coaching
- Returned to grad school in the fall and earning As
- Been fully sponsored to BlogHer and Blogalicious conferences
That’s a helluva lot of biz goals for a woman who’s going to be pregnant for Q1 and dealing with a newborn and toddler for Q2 and an infant/toddler for the rest of the year… but let’s see how it goes!
Here are some links I found useful and hope you will too:
- How to use StumbleUpon – I had zero idea about this
- SITS Girls Printables – Blog calendars, Blog images, checklists, etc. (LOTS!)
- Work at home Mom Goals
- 20 Time Management Tips for your Home Business
What is your #1 Career Goal for 2014?