Warning: this is one outdated post lol. Normal people have been up on this show for years, I’m just gettin’ started. DO NOT GIVE ME ANY SPOILERS IN THE COMMENTS PLEASE OR I WILL PUNCH YOU IN THE EYE. (oh yes I will)
As of last night I’ve been mainlining true blood. I am up to the 8th episode of season 1. Yes, I watched 7 hours of TV yesterday ::looking around shamefully::
I am addicted. The show really sucks you in!! People have been talking about it forever, and I was just like “oh gaawd more vampire shit? When will this trend end?” Luckily, this is nowhere near as cheesy as the Twilight series (which I still happen to love despite the cheese factor mind you lol)
My thoughts so far: (mostly acting wise – not storyline related)
- I love the acting in this show. Lafayette…c’mon. I’m obsessed with watching him work. and Jason, it’s hard to play a moron with many levels without going too far to the cheesy side, he does it so well.
- Tara’s accent is annoying – but after seeing her in 1 other role and sucking majorly, I’m surprised she pulls out the performance she does in this show. I kinda like her now. (the actor)
- Tara’s mom is also an excellent actor, and despite me hating her character and wanting her to die from her “demon” I like seeing her on the screen.
- Sookie I wouldn’t expect to be playing that role, she’s pretty good.
- I really dig the writing so far, and the way this show is shot and lit…ugh. I’m in love with it the way I was in love with the Wire…for the total package of writing/acting/shoot style/art direction/direction…. ok I’m not.. no where near as much as I was in love with the Wire, lol but I do like the show a lot hah
My thoughts so far: (storyline wise)
- I dunno why, but I really hate Sam. Is he the killer? DON”T TELL ME!!
- I have a crush on…..no not bill compton….renee!!! LMAO with his sexy accent. I bet he’s the killer.
- I want sookie and bill to get married and have non vamp babies 🙂
- I’m so sad gram died.
Whenever I watch stuff, I go to thinking who else could have played the role (and possibly done it better) but in this show, I got quite sucked in with the people in their roles (much like i did with entourage and the wire) so I went looking for their audition tapes (i dunno i guess it’s the actor in me….or perhaps the nosy mofo in me)
I didn’t find any sadly, BUT, I did find the original tara!! Did you know the awful-acting chick from Passions of all places was Tara first? I mean they shot some scenes with her an errythang.
I’m super glad they changed their minds and went with someone a lil more convincing with that “sass” of a hardened Louisiana chick.
Take a look at Tara’s first scene:
Who do you think did it better?
Off to continue mainlining my newest addiction.