I’m having a baby tomorrow.
This horrible 3rd trimester is coming to an end….and the Fourth Trimester is beginning.
Have you heard of the fourth trimester before? It’s the first 3 months after birth.
Having a newborn is tough and awesome. I spent so much time just falling in love with Rohan in his first days, weeks, months. Holding him all the time, having him sleep on me, wearing him like my favorite accessory. (And then pacing up and down with him as he screamed for no reason, wondering what’s wrong, cleaning up poopsplosions every hour, never getting to sleep for mroe than an hour, and getting peed and spat up on)
I’m going to have a lot more on my plate this time with Rohan running around while I’m trying to take care of BabyH2.0
Sometimes I think about it and I’m like, yeah…I got this.
And sometimes I think about it and I brainstorm ways to keep her inside me until Rohan is 5.
I’m preparing for the fourth trimester as best I can:
- I’ve got BabyH2.0’s needed items taken care of
- I’ve got my postpartum items taken care of
- I’ve got my mom staying with me the first week and helping me find a mother’s helper for the next couple weeks
- I’ve also got my mom keeping Roey on some weekends for a bit so I get solo bonding time w/ Newbaby
- I’ve got my journal to write down all my angsty postpartum feelings
- I’ve got meditations loaded up on my phone to listen to when I feel like I’m going to go postal
- I’ve got John on alert that he’s gunna have to do some serious heavy lifting the first few weeks
Most importantly, I’ve got the mindset that I know it’s going to be hard at first and I’m going to be going cray cray, but we will get through it unscathed.