The past few days I’ve been stressing about preparing for the aftermath of my repeat cesarean. I’m packing for the hospital stay but I’m convinced I’m going to forget something important. I’ve gotten some great advice on things to pack, and to ask for in the hospital though.
To ask for in hospital:
- Colase asap to get things *ahem* movin’
- A belly wrap to keep things tight
- Pain meds before I’m actually in pain
- An extra jug of ice water (this is genius, as I was chugging water like nobody’s business last time and felt so bad always asking for more)
- A pillow! (totally could’ve used this last time!)
- The usual: toiletries, socks, robe, clothes for me/baby, phone, camera, chargers, kindle, journal
- Nursing gear: bras, nipple cream
- An extra tote bag! (since the hospital gives you lots of free goodies)
- Baby nail clippers! (hospital doesn’t offer them, and babies like to scratch their faces off)
For some debbie downery reason I keep thinking back to last time and just how awful I felt afterward. Everyone who’s had an emergency C followed by a planned C says it’s a lot easier the second time around. I hope they’re right and not just being nice to calm my nerves. 🙂
Just a couple more days now….Eeeep!