OMG yall!! We hit the double digits!!!
And now for my monthly exclamation: I can’t believe how time flies!! He’ll be one soon! ONE! If you follow me on Pinterest (and if you dont, start today!) you know I started pinning birthday party ideas for the little guy already.
I feel like Roey knew yesterday was a special day, because he did a whole lot of walking. He did more walking and cruising than crawling! It’s so adorable to see him toddling along. He seems like such a big boy….and then we nurse all cuddled together and he’s back to being mommy’s tiny lil baby again. ::sigh:: Maaan, I know you guys say I’ll be able to love a second child just like I love Roey, but….I just don’t understand how that’ll be possible. My heart may explode. I’ll die!
OK back on topic. Let’s see….
He’s in 12 months clothes and size 4 shoes. Diapers he’s in between size 3 and 4. Lots of leaks going on…I can’t wait until he fits size 4 well.
This kid is a smiley laughy little thing! He’s so curious and SO active. He will only sit still for story time. Other than that, he’s on the go. Playing, walking, (thinking he’s running), trying to climb, trying to pull everything down and give his mama grays. He loves to play and sing (scream) and is just so happy and bouncy (unless he’s teething and pulling his ear and miserable). If you give him something he will explore it to death. I feel like if I gave him some tools he’d be disassembling everything in sight just to see how it’s made.
So, as of last night, I’m trying to phase out his 4am nursing. He goes down around 7, wakes at 4 to nurse, and goes back down til 6. I’d like him to go down from 7 through to 6. Pray for me. As for naps, he takes two a day, his morning one is long, from 1 to 2 hours, and his afternoon one is like 17 seconds! But, he goes down without me rocking him to sleep or anything. We just nurse, read a book, I put him in his crib, turn on his glowworm and he goes to sleep. Once in a while he’ll fall asleep while nursing still. ::sigh:: like the olden days.
He will eat anything that is not pinned down. So…yesterday I saw him holding my business card and walking around singing. I’m at the computer. The singing stopped so I looked at him….the card was not in his hand, I went towards him and he started to run (because everything is a game of tag!) I dig in his mouth and what do I see? MY FACE!! He bit my head off of my business card!!
Anyway, the point is, this kid eats. A lot.
- food. in any shape, form or fashion
- rough and tumble games with daddy
- tickle time and story time with mommy
- finding anything dangerous or potentially hazardous
- ripping up paper and magazines
- songs and music
- watching mommy jump around like an idiot (doing insanity or jillian michaels dvds)
- getting changed – but i’ve made it more fun and we’re not fighting each other anymore
- not eating if you are eating
- eating something bland after tasting something sweet (I done F’d up)
- being pulled away from dangerous things
- waiting for…anything (just like his mama ::hangs head in shame::)
Why I’m gunna punch him in the face:
- Biting. He bites (or tries to bite) my knee or toes all the time! And now he got slick so he starts with a hug and a coo and then quickly goes to bite.. it HURTS
- Swatting. When he doesn’t want what I’m feeding him he swats the spoon causing food to go flying. SO ANNOYING
- Sabotage. He somehow pressed a magical combination of numbers on the phone that made it go to “do not disturb” mode. So for the last month everyone’s calling our cell saying our house phone is broken, but we make calls on it totally fine. We call verizon and come to find out Rohan sabotaged us!
Why I’m gunna give him lots of kisses:
- He’s learning. I love to see behaviors and actions that prove he’s starting to “get it” more and more. He’ll bring you what you ask for. I’ll say point to ____ and he’ll look at it, but won’t point.
- He’s “speaking” (LOL) I swear he liked to say “hey girl” to me. And when he gets stuck somewhere (like behind the bookshelf) or needs help (lifting my kettlebells) he’ll shout “hey! Hey!” progressively louder until I come to him. Lil buggar!
- He’s so independant! He’s great at playing by himself, and then every now and then coming to “check in” with mommy and collect some snuggles/playtime/kisses, then push me away to go play alone again. (We gotta get him a lil bro or sis soon)