Today’s Nablopomo Prompt:
If you had a personal assistant who would do your most dreaded tasks, which items from your to-do list would you assign out?
Timely question, as I’m looking for a VA for annoying biz stuff right now. I want someone who will handle all the tedious, boring, non-creative and yucky stuff for me.
In Biz, and in Life.
I’d not be able to get by with just a PA though. I’d need a Personal Assistant, a Chef, a Maid and a part-time, in-home Nanny at the very least. I told you here how we got rid of our cleaning service, let me tell you, I miss Delmy more than I miss my mama rightabout now.
Seriously, I’d skip the PA and just bring Delmy back. Cleaning sucks. People who enjoy it are like magical unicorns and I will never understand how they are wired, but I admire them for it. I do it because it must be done, but I dislike it. (Tho for a brief moment in time I didn’t hate it….sadly, the moment has passed.)
But back to the prompt.
If I had a PA right now… I’d have him or her:
- do the random tax, billing, accounting crap I need to get done
- wipe down all the toys in the playroom and throw out the junky ones
- do all the back SEO on old blog posts and pics here on OKDani
- organize the garage
- do all the little shopping/errands: returning library books, home depot runs, etc
- dye my hair a fun color every month
- go through my OKDani email inbox for legitimate emails and delete all the crap ones
- draft out the family calendar for 2016 including travel, events, etc
- pitch to companies on my behalf and serve as my own personal PR Company
- …..clean the house every other day
- watch Ro and Kai for a couple hours so I could hit the gym
- organize all my random contacts and photos
- make dinner….nightly
- take dictation of all my written projects because Dragon has forsaken me time and time again.
- tell me “you is smart, you is kind, you is important” every few hours or whenever they see me frowning.
They would quit.
And then I’d cry.
I seriously would love someone to come do all of that…yes, including the last one.. but that’s not realistic now is it? (At least…not on my budget…for now)
But SERIOUSLY, I am looking for a VA to handle admin/social media tasks for OKDani and FitNoire.com so if you do this, or know someone, have them email their resume or CV to email@example.com. The pay is shit, but the boss is cool. (ok, cool-ish.)
What would you have a personal assistant handle for you?