Can I first just say how cute lil girl clothes are. Boy oh boy, it’s hard not to shop…but I’m holding out! We’re mostly out of newborn clothes. They lasted for such a brief window! A friend of mine is having a daughter in August so I’m glad I’ll be able to regift these items and pay it forward to her.
Kaya nurses about every 1.5 to 3 hrs. I have to start pumping so John can feed her expressed milk sometimes and bond with her that way. The nursing is going well though, and she’ll chug for 5 minutes or 15 minutes and then pass out briefly, wake up and start sharkin’ and rootin’ for more.
I dread nighttime. I never know what she’s going to do. If she’s going to sleep well (going down round midnight and waking round 4 to nurse) or poorly (crying til 2 or 3, then sleeping in 2 hour increments) but either way she’s no where near sleeping through the night. Can’t wait for that time to come. We will probably do the same modified “sleep training” thing we did with Roey once she turns 6 or 7 months.
- Umm… crying?
- Being held and rocked
- Softly sung tunes
- Car rides
- Squealing and making cute expressions
- Intently watching her brother
- Waiting for milk
- Being in a car that’s not moving
- Being in the same position, looking at the same stuff for too long (just like roey)
- Starting to get noisy, “talking” and smiling
- Scooting and pulling herself around a bit when in tummy time