Quick cleaning/unpacking/organizing/rohan-wrangling break to talk hair with ya….
I wanted to share my new hair goals with you now that I’ve relaxed to bone straight for the first time.
I was both relaxed and color treated, two damaging chemical processes that require extra diligent hair care practices.
But this morning….I dyed my lighter ends back to dark brown to match my roots.
Wait….before I go further. I need to provide this quick note: THIS MAY CHANGE DUE TO MY HAIR ADD but let’s just read this from the state of mind that I’m CURRENTLY in. :side eyes my own self:
So, with the perm and the color, my new long term hair goals are:
1. Grow my hair 12 inches from my neck (so I can donate it)
2. Maintain permed hair until after next donation
3. Transition back to natural after donating
……..Are you side eyeing me?
LOL Me too!!
Cuz just this morning I was like UGH I don’t wanna try to flat iron this. And luckily I couldn’t find John’s clippers. #preggocrazies
My 2014 Hair Goals are now:
1. Learn how to deal with bone straight hair (I wore a scarf out the house yesterday cuz I couldn’t straighten it right)
2. Relax again in May/June and then in October/November
3. Keep cut maintained / touched up
4. Chronicle my new permed journey here and on my Youtube channel
5. Figure out what products, regimen and techniques work best for me now (without turning into a product junkie)
6. Do not color again
Have you revamped your hair (or other) goals yet?