Do you seee that cuteness?
That is the only photo I took of my dear sweet girl all week!
This is the only pic I took of my handsome little man.
OK, I’m not depressed, but I’m down.
This working mom thing is hard on my soul. I know it’s a necessary evil for a while but damn. I miss my babies. I can’t believe I didn’t take any pics of them this week. I gave them as much snuggles and squishing and hugs and kissies and attention as I could though. That’s way more important than photographic records.
On this Mind Right Monday, I’m setting my goals but I feel so disconnected. What I want to write is something like:
- Take Roey to the library
- Help Kaya learn to clap
- Bake cookies with Ro
- Get a full night’s sleep 🙂
Then I snap back to reality and realize I won’t really get any quality time with Rohan until this weekend, which will be crazy busy with running errands. Ugh.
Someone remind me why I wanted to buy a house please?
OK. bitchfest over.
My goals for the week are:
- Go to bed at 11pm the latest each night
- Increase water intake at work
- Work out 3 times
- Preblog and write for other projects
- Find a way to get writing done at work *side eye to self*
- Get this house stuff done w/o extension
- Reconfigure editorial calendar
- Snuggle and read to the kids at every spare moment
- Create vision board
- Try not go go crazy with house stress
I’m grateful for:
- having a job to whine about having to go to 🙂
- having resilient, healthy, beautiful, smart, funny kids
- my aunts, uncles, gram, cousins
- meditative moments
- my journal and nice pens
- reliable transportation
- cute clothes
- rice and peas *look*
- cool breezes…. and not being in brick ol new york
- the interweb and all the way it benefits me and my family
- amazon.com comin’ thru like the wu
- Kayas lil walker toy
- being good with money/budgeting/saving
- rural Florida at large
- Facebook #judgemeifyawanna
- my beloved kindle and all its contents
- infomercials and HGTV
- Rohan not being a TV kid #noshade
- sales and clearance deals
- the health and well being of myself, family and friends
- apps that are saving me / making me money (i’ll tell u more later)
- noticing my hair growing
- Kaya sleeping better
- knowing I’ll be WAHMing again soon
- almost being a home owner
- having ‘new sneakers’ on my in-budget ‘must buy’ list
- having handy people in my family
- an exciting new project
- people interested in my life coaching services again
- cocoa tea