Back in the day I used to work as an executive assistant to C-Level execs. The back of my cubicle area turned into a catch all place for everything you may need in a pinch. I had spray deodorant, tissues, paper towels, stain remover pens… etc. In my personal stash I had my toothbrush, paste and LISTERINE® mouthwash.
This was kept in my bottom drawer and not really shared publicly. I’d use my LISTERINE® Antiseptic after lunch, and offered it to my boss in a pinch if he was rushing to a meeting right after lunch or something. After a little while I’d “catch” him at my desk sneaking to put back the bottle after using it without asking!… Then I would have directors and other high level bosses at the company coming over like little kids asking for candy. “Um… we heard you had LISTERINE®… can we have some?”
It was hysterical to me because it is an inexpensive product, and these guys could easily go buy their own, but my little cubicle became the LISTERINE® mouthwash dealership. When I would run out my boss would buy more but instead of buying himself a bottle he’d just keep replenishing the stash in my desk drawer!
At home I grew up using LISTERINE® mouthwash, and I remember as a kid not knowing that there were actually other brands of mouthwash being sold. My dad got my mom hooked, and it got passed down to me, and now I have John hooked, and when the kids get older they’ll be hooked too. Brushing and flossing is important and necessary of course, but I don’t feel like I’ve fully cleaned my mouth if I don’t finish with LISTERINE® Antiseptic Mouthwash.
I thought it was all in my head just because that’s how I grew up… but apparently:
- brushing alone actually misses 75 percent of your mouth; and
- LISTERINE® Antiseptic reduces 52 percent more plaque and 21 percent more gingivitis than brushing and flossing alone.
Plus the tingle feels sooo good! I didn’t know this but LISTERINE® mouthwash is actually chock full of essential oils:
- Eucalyptol – an antibacterial and anti-fungal agent.
- Menthol – known for its germ killing properties.
- Thymol – known for its effectiveness against bacteria.
- Methyl Salicylate – this essential oil is also often found in chewing gum due to its fresh flavoring properties.
All I knew is that if I ate a garlicky lunch at work, LISTERINE® mouthwash had my back so I wouldn’t assault people’s noses afterward. And I will continue using it at home so I can “feel” like I’ve actually cleaned my mouth.
Visit the LISTERINE® website and name the four essential oils found in LISTERINE® mouthwash within the comments section to enter for your chance to win a $100 VISA Gift Card! Good Luck!!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#Listerine” and “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification e-mail will come directly from BlogHer via the email@example.com e-mail address. You will have 72 hours to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 12/16/14 – 1/15/15.
Be sure to visit the LISTERINE® brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!