I’m gunna need the universe to start working with me a little more. I’m getting kinda frustrated with the curveballs.
Some of the things are the best “problems” in the world to have:
- getting pregnant at the “wrong” time with our life plan
- struggling with balancing working at home with being the best mom I can be
And some of the things getting lobbed at the OKDani household are just pissing me off:
- john’s neverending healing
- problems with vendors in my biz
- post-accident financial struggles
But now, universe, it’s just getting ridiculous:
- having more “Scary Tuesdays” and constant pain with this pregnancy
- midwife is going to transfer me to a high risk doctor if I spot again
- John’s injury having a setback leading to an overnight hospital stay
- Being unable to move to FL in January as planned due to the items above
And just when I think the universe is like, OK OK, Dani’s handling it well, let me lay off of her….
Boom! I’m awakened in the night by shouting, a smoke filled house, and have to grab my valuables (read: Rohan and nothing more) and run out.
We’re all fine, the house is fine, except for the acrid scent of smoke permeating every single thing. Turns out it was a fire started in our (connected) neighbor’s basement. I’m grateful for that.
I know I’m just going through a rough season, I know it’s my ebb and a flow is coming soon. But it needs to hurry the fuck up and get here.
2013 is like the year of near misses. John’s accident, this fire. I’m like…are things gunna stop missing and start hitting us square in the face next? Or can they just stop popping into our lives entirely? My main stressful thoughts are centered around this pregnancy, and I almost want to just hide from life until she’s out safely.
There’s only so much gratitude journaling, meditation, prayer, positive thinking and grateful listing a girl can do before she just wants to grab the universe by the throat and punch it in the face repeatedly for messing with her.
…….or run away, hide under the blankets somewhere until this yucky part of life is over.