On Thursday, June 7, 2012 at 9:54pm Mr. Rohan Thomas H. aka Embry aka Baby H entered the world hollering and screaming at 19 inches and 7lbs 4oz.
*COUGH* and worst *COUGH*
I am writing an extremely detailed birth story so I’ll never forget one bit, but I’m not putting all of that out here. If anyone cares to read it you can email me and I’ll send it your way. Short story is:
- contracting from about 4am
- mucus plug out at 7am
- went to hospital with weird contractions at 2mins apart lasting 1 minute each
- was told I was only a fingertip dilated so went home – 11am
- returned to hospital dying and feeling an urge to push at 2pm to find out that I’m 8cm!
- got epidural and labored on hands and knees for hours w/ oxygen due to baby’s distress and body position
- was told a c-section was probably eminent – cried, mourned, barfed, mentally “prepared”
- they tried pitocin as a last ditch effort but not cool for baby or mommy’s health so….
- c-section due to “fetal intolerance of labor” was performed
- Happy Healthy Baby & Mommy
I may do a piecemeal type of birth story with more details, but not sure yet.
But that’s not what you care about right?
You wanna see the pitchaaass!!!
Here’s Rohan! (pronounced w/ a silent h):
Thank you so very much for all the well wishing and good vibes on my post regarding the induction. Happy we didn’t need to induce after all!!