First off, I love you. Ok, so despite what I wrote in my 5 tips post, you already know I had an awesome time at the BlogHer conference this year. My Instagram was proof enough of that. I got to meet blogging buddies (and some celebs!), learn a lot, reignite my blogging passion, and participate in great projects.
I was lucky enough to be chosen to participate in a roundtable discussion about the power of blogging in its ability to create an online community. We discussed how our communities (and the blogging community at large) helps us to be our best selves.
Now…listen…I know you all think I’m calm cool and collected, (right? lol!) but I was a. Bundle. Of. Nerves! I’m not even sure of what I said in the moments during taping. I had one of those moments where after an argument you think of the really good insult you shouldda said but didn’t think of at the time. hehe.
I was in my hotel room that night after filming the roundtable thinking about all ways the OK Dani community of all you awesome readers, and the larger blogging community really impacted my life, and I legit got teary eyed. (i know…i know….)
What I should’ve said on video is how:
- you guys keep me accountable and on point with my weekly goals via mind right monday (ok maybe i mentioned that one)
- i’ve made real friends for life that live all over the country
- you understand my language, and ‘get’ me and my sense of humor (or lack thereof)
- you give amazing advice and resources that makes me a better mommy
- you offered sweet, loving support whenever I mentioned a problem or struggle in my life
- you have my back when I completely jack up my hair
- you give me ‘real talk’ right back and share your honest opinions even when they differ with mine
- you are encouraging, honest, and kind, and I love you all so much.
I appreciate you guys so much more than you’ll ever know. And then to top it off, I continuously receive these amazing emails from you saying how I’ve touched you, or how I’ve helped you…and… I just get to crying at the computer…
I say all that to say…check out the roundtable video!! I was in some really good company!
The other bloggers in attendance were Katherine of Postpartum Progress and Jill of One Good Thing … check them out. The roundtable was moderated by Stacy Morrison who basically was editor in chief of every magazine you’ve ever heard of, and practically lived on The Today Show.
I was looking around the table at these remarkable women like… “ummm… why the F am I here?” But that feeling didn’t last too long cuz it was replaced by internal squeals of “OMG OMG I’m HERE!!! I’m HERE!! EEEEP”
Here’s the vid! Enjoy!
If that wasn’t enough goodness for you today, look below for a great coupon and giveaway!
Inspired by high-performance fabrics, Stayfree® Ultra Thin® pads have flexible layers that move with your body and ThermoControl® technology to wick away moisture. So you’ll stay dry and comfortable. Stayfree.® Keep Moving.™ To get $0.50 off any Stayfree® product, including Stayfree® Ultra Thin® pads, visit www.stayfree.com/special.
Enter for a chance to win a $100 Drugstore.com gift card!
Leave a comment below letting me how you pamper yourself for a chance to win a $100 Drugstore.com gift card!
Sweepstakes Condensed Rules:
No duplicate comments. Your household may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique
term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
No Purchase Necessary. This Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the 50 U.S./D.C. age 18 or older (19+ in AL & NE). Void elsewhere & where prohibited. Winners will be selected via random drawing, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 72 hours to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules, by which entrants are bound, are available here. This Sweepstakes runs from 9/10-9/30.
Be sure to visit the Stayfree® brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!
Sweepstakes is sponsored solely by BlogHer. Energizer Personal Care LLC is not a sponsor. Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter.
© 2014 Energizer. Stayfree and all other trademarks are owned by Energizer.
Bloggers were compensated for creating blog posts in this Stayfree® campaign.