I feel like I’ve been stalking expedia/cheaptickets/travelocity (etc) for years! It has paid off though. I finally booked our honeymoon trip last week when the price dipped down a delicious $200 per person!
We ended up choosing the Playacar Palace in Playa Del Carmen.
Happy to have found this hotel because:
* jacuzzi for 2 in the room (this was one of my only requirements for this trip)
* right at 5th ave (the “main” strip in playa)
* super close to the cozumel ferry
* exchange privileges at all other Palace resorts so we can spend the day in cancun or cozumel
* $1500 free promotion to spend on resort stuff!!
* Awesome free honeymoon package goodies
* Free wifi in the rooms and free calls back home (just in case)
I’m SUPER excited. Things that we wanted to do, like take a trip to Tulum, snorkel and dive in Cozumel, have one of those romantical (yea i said it) private dinners on the beach, take professional pictures on the beach/around the area, and have a couples massage and visit the spa are incluuuuded!!
That’s a hefty load off. And hopefully we’ll be able to upgrade to the honeymoon suite with some of the “Free” money they give us.
Have you been to this or another palace resort? How’d you like it? Know any good restaurants in Playa to recommend?