This is a sponsored post in partnership with Niche Parent Network. I am a Kmart SC Johnson blogger, though all opinions are my own.
You already know I’m excited about the holiday season. I’m really looking forward to so much:
- The piney scent in the house after we get our wreath
- Decorating the house even more
- Seeing my little brother who’ll be back home from his first semester at college
- Christmas Cookies!! (they taste better than year round cookies lol)
- Having everyone open the gifts I got them
- Watching Roey open presents, ripping the paper off n stuff
- Taking Roey for Pics w/ Santa (yes, even tho he won’t believe in him)
- Eating a yummy Christmas dinner…and leftovers for days!
I’m conditioned to equate the piney smell of Christmas trees with the holiday season. It doesn’t feel like Christmastime without it. We have yet to get our wreath, so until then I’ve been using Glade candles I got at Kmart in the bedroom and living room (high out of my whirlwind toddler’s reach) to get a piney smell to keep me in Christmas mode.
I love the smell and even John noticed and said it was nice. We had the same scent last year, but the candle shape and decoration was different. I’m glad it smells the same though. I got a cinnamon apple scent candle that I put in the kitchen too and it makes Rohan do a “sniffy” face and say “mmmmmm.” It’s so cute.
Speaking of the kitchen, I got Ziploc bags for our Christmas cookies for the first time this year. Normally I use the Ziploc reusable containers since the person receiving the cookies can then re-use the container. My mother in law gives her cookies in Ziploc bags and these holiday ones are cute and festive. Makes you feel like you don’t really have to decorate with ribbons and whatnot. And of course, like all other Ziploc bags they keep the cookies fresh and chewy for a long time….not that the cookies last that long anyway…but you know what I’m saying.
Anyway, I’m rockin’ out to my Christmas music all day long, and I am loving these holiday themed items. I think there should be holiday themed items for every holiday and season! How cute would that be?
Are you in the holiday spirit yet? Do you use scented candles?
PS: Get some Kmart Coupons here.