Long overdue for an update on my permed hair but it’s healthy and doing well.
I have learned a few things:
- products really work differently on permed vs natural hair
- air drying is miraculously fast on short/permed hair
- Pantene BB Cream is my new bestest friend in life
- Relaxers are tricky bastards (I’ll explain)
So, when I was first permed the hair was BONE straight. When wet: bone straight. When airdried: bone straight!
Now, my hair is wavy and even has some curls in the front!
I was told this either means:
- My hair is “resistant” to perms
- The perm has finally “settled” and this is the actual post-perm texture
I don’t effin get it. But either way, I’m loving the waves, and the ease. Kinda thinkin’ that I prefer the texture.
Maybe it’s a sign that I should never perm again and just go back to my natural curls.
Maybe I just have a lot to learn about the world of perming.
My current Regimen is:
- Cowash every other day
- Apply a leave-in
- Allow to air dry
Weekly I shampoo and deep condition. I think I may do a hot oil treatment soon too.
I need a haircut in the worst way, other than that, I’m so happy with how EASY it all is.