WTF! It’s frickin’ may ova heaaa!! (did you “hear” me saying that all jerseyshoreish?) (sidebar: I love that show and crack the hell up watching it. It’s like a hot mess parade and I’m in the front row!)
OK. May. What a good month. In NYC it’s when warmth comes to stay. When those buds on the trees turn to blooms, and when I can finally say my vacation is at the end of the month. (We always go away mem’l week) I think this is one of my favorite months…next to September 🙂
My goals for this month are:
- Finish spring cleaning
- Bring a shit ton of clothes to goodwill (I cleaned out my closets yall!!)
- Cook a healthy dinner once a week (insert doubtful face here)
- Visit the parents twice
- Have 2 date nights w/ Johnny
- Do dinners w/ diff sets of friends
- Finally get my hurr did (color and hefty trim)
- Work out 7 days each week
- Keep eating clean-ish
- Meditate less sporadically (whenever i hear or say that word I think of Clueless)
- Do my charting consistently
- Keep kicking ass at the 9-5
- Keep increasing coaching client base
- Continue work on developing e-courses
- Get published somewhere new
- Find a freaking business name that has a domain available (why is this sooo hard for me?)
- Save $xxxx to personal savings and $xxx to baby fund
- Buy the few items I need and prepare for my No Spend Challenge June 1 to November 1 (oh yeah…once again it’s on. Who’s with me!?) This time I won’t binge shop with 2 weeks left!
I’m grateful for how everything is shaping up in my life right now. It feels like things are all on the right path. John (AKA: the worst saver and planner in the world) and I had a really great conversation about our plans and increasing the amount of savings for the Baby H fund so I’m glad we’re both on board and working together on things.
Coaching is going so well!! I had no idea it would feel as good as it does to do this. It’s exciting to think I’ll get to do this awesome work (and expand upon it) for a living and be able to also achieve my goal of staying home with my kids.
The only area of my life that I’m slacking in is my personal hygiene/beauty. I don’t mean I haven’t been showering or shaving my pits or anything…but I just haven’t been taking care of myself the way I usually would. I haven’t done a mani/pedi in eight thousand years and the black caterpillars above my eyes and lip have filed for NYC residency. And don’t get me started on my thirsty hair. This is going to be a focus for me for May along with the business-building stuff. Getting my ish right beauty-wise.
I’ve been reading a lot about branding for the business and about how people buy YOU not your service or product. So I want to start working to be more poised, prettified, polished and put together (hello alliteration!) at all times and be mindful that I am my brand.
Enough talk for one day.
What are your plans for May girls? Don’t ya just love this month!? (What is your fave month btw?) What are you grateful for?