I was reading on babycenter.com (you know me) and found two articles.
7 Signs of a Bad Doctor and 7 Signs of a Good Doctor
- An indifferent or uncaring attitude
- Doesn’t listen, unresponsive
- Lack of knowledge
- Poor recommendations
- Always pushes further tests and procedures
- Not respectful of your time
- Spotty credentials and affiliations
- A caring, sincere, and empathetic attitude
- An open and responsive manner
- Knowledge – and the ability to share it
- A good reputation
- Available, easy to reach
- Respect for your time
- Solid credentials and affiliations
Did this need two separate articles? No, but the info is pretty good if you click the links. It’s hard to know whether a doctor is good until you’re a patient though. I wish there were more rating websites for doctors. I google doctors thoroughly before setting up appointments, but I’ve been to my share of doctors who were not for me, though they had awesome reviews.
Babycenter also had an article about breaking up with your doctor. When I encountered bad doctors in the past I just left and never made the follow up appointment…I didn’t know I needed to break up with them until recently haha!
I kinda wish doctors would come to my home or office with a cute black doctor bag like on an old western movie, fix me up and go on their way. That way I wouldn’t have to deal with waiting rooms or that clinical feel of the exam room. That was totally unrelated to the good doc bad doc thing but…hey…it was in my head.
Have you ever dealt with a bad doctor? How’d you handle it? Have you ever broken up with a doctor?