Quick Story: So I just started pumping and my room service arrives, I didn’t wanna unhook everything cuz I just got the flanges in the perfect position, so I just put my shirt on over to answer the door. I was just like “listen, don’t ask what’s goin on over here please” and the room service dude in the thickest accent was like “lady, I never, ever do” I busted out laughing and he chuckled too.
Story #2: I called myself “packing light” on Wednesday. I get here and realize I packed so light I forgot everything! I didn’t even bring flip flops, so who was that chick wearing those cheap foam paper pedicure “flip flops” from the salon over to the expo? ::points to self:: I also forgot my rings and I feel naked….and single… lol (PS have you heard about that show Naked dating? WTF?!)
My Goals for Blogher:
- Ask lots of questions of everyone I meet
- Take every opportunity presented to me
- Take lots of photos and vids to chronicle the events
- Eat healthy and Workout
- Do something nice for me
- Take a bubble bath
- Use the swag exchange room
- Don’t pay ‘too heavy’ bag fee on the way home
- Enter contests to win goodies
- Give out all of my cards
- Take better notes than the past two years
- (secret goal: make everyone I speak to laugh …or groan)
So far I am on point!!
I arrived yesterday into San Francisco (aka Prius capital of the world, wtf?!) and shuttled over to San Jose then cabbed it to my hotel. (The hilton is lovely here in San Jose btw.) I pumped like a maniac, had a healthy lunch (greek salad) from room service, and relaxed a bit before heading to get a manicure (my first mani in a very, embarrassingly long time) and then went over to the Baby Shower from TheBabyLadies. My plan was to to get a pedi after that, but I got talked into going to the Sangria/Sundown event (which was awesome) and then got the pedi and went to the #selfiebration at the Expo. After that just grabbed dinner (a caprese salad on greens with grilled prawns) and came home to pump and rest.
That is the most truncated version of the day’s events….
Overall it was a great first day!
I met some wonderful bloggers/vloggers in person…
- My dear Tamara of Natural Hair Rules, she is a sweet heart and exactly how I imagined she’d be
- Kendra of HeadbandForToday accompanied me for pedicures and convinced me to crash the Sangria Event (thankfully!)
- Ananda Leekes – my shero
- Natalie – I love anyone who pops in and out of a Jamaican accent
- Francesca of Youtube Fame
- Luvvie crashed that convo to get selfies, but I didn’t get to chat with her at all yet
- Tanya who I didn’t know before BlogHer, and has a very great spirit that you can feel
- ….the mani/pedi and my epiphany of better self care that stemmed from it
- getting carded at the Sangria event. (I hugged that lady. I haven’t been carded since 1492)
- the random conversations I’m having with people without even exchanging names/cards
- a chatty dinner with Tamara and Natalie, and Tanya
- getting answers to my #1 question I’m trying to ask everyone I speak to
- someone telling me my T25 results pics inspired them to start working out!
- another blogger told me the pics inspired them to do their own before/after post! Rock entirely on!!
Seriously, I needed this trip. Yes it’s business, but it’s fun too. And it’s also peace and quiet/solitude and I needed it. It’s sanity saving! I’m doing some great thinking, journaling, even *gasp* writing! I just feel very grateful that I’m able to take this trip and know that my children are safe and sound, and it’s OK for me to just chill and do me. So extremely thankful for John and my parents rightaboutnow.
Make it a great day girls!! xo
Follow on Instagram for my pics/vids throughout the event!