This may come as a shock to some of you girls, especially those who know me in “real” life who see how deep my baby obsession truly goes. But.
I can’t believe I’m going to say this “out loud.”
We’re considering putting off our TTC plans for a bit. (No, my husband hasn’t drugged or coerced me…or bribed me with shiny new things…but I kinda wish he would try that last one.)
What’s a bit? 6 months to 1 year.
Jeebus. That would make my TTC ticker say 8 to 14 months instead of 2. *faints*
Pros of waiting:
– We’ll be more certain of where we’ll be living, working, and schooling.
– We’ll be able to be settled somewhere new.
– We’ll have a year’s worth more of savings (yall know that’s my primary pro)
Cons of waiting:
– We will continue to want for that much longer. Duh. Losing.
– Starting later = more risks during pregnancy (that’s my primary con. I’m scared about this)
– I’ll have to change docs/hospitals probably 🙁
– I’ll continue to ache and feel like my purpose is not being fulfilled for another effin year
I know there’s no “right” time to have a baby, and I know if we oopsied and found out we were pregnant today, that everything would turn out just as perfect as if we waited til 2013 even. But, It’s kinda comforting to be in a place where now is good and later is good too.
Never thought I’d be saying later is good too….I guess because 6 months isn’t very long?…. But a year..?? Yo no se chicas. Funny that our original TTC date was December 2011 and just a few months ago we scooted it up to July. Now we’re pushing it back again. Maybe December 2011 was the “right” answer all along? ::shrug:: John and I keep going back and forth on this…
Did you plan when you were going to have kids? What factored into your decision?