Girls, i gotta tell ya, I’ve been looking forward to August like nobody’s business!
This month is the BlogHer conference which is awesome, but also I’m spending 3 weeks in FLORIDA!!! (which is awesomer)
- laughing night and day with my aunts and cousins
- beaching and pooling almost every day
- good home cooked jamaican meals
- lots of hands to tend to Rohan while I nap
- Rohan’s “Sip and See” party
- lots of shopping trips (browsing trips for me lol)
- not worrying about anything
My goals for this month are:
- try not to gain weight from all the good food at gram and my aunts’ houses
- run daily and do some form of strength training
- continue blogging/vlogging/writing while in Florida
- get nice and dark!
- get published somewhere new
- maintain my natural hair blog and vlog (it’s been so neglected)
- network and follow up with all new contacts met at BlogHer conference
- get a couple full nights of sleep while in FL
- do a lot of shooting
- do something with my hair, colorwise
The only bad thing is that John won’t be able to join us as planned. He’s taking a silly ol’ MCAT class. I tell him to skip it and just wing it on test day, but he’s under the impression that MCATs are hard or something. ::shrug:: We’ll be doing a helluva lotta skyping, that’s fa sho.
There will be a few firsts in August too:
- First time I’m away from Rohan for a full day! *gulp* (we already discussed my baby abandonment)
- First flight for Rohan
- First time Rohan meets his great grandma, aunts and uncles
- Rohan’s first trip to the beach
- Rohan’s first time in a pool
I’ll be sure to take a boatload of pictures and document it here.
What does your August look like? Any big plans? What are your monthly goals?