I. Am. F#$%ing. Awesome!
That’s all you need to know.
i kid….i kid…. (kinda)
Hi! Thanks so much for coming to learn more about OKDani. If you ever have any questions, post requests, video requests or comments you’d like to make privately, just shoot me an email. My Media Kit can be found HERE
This blog candidly covers balancing family, wellness, hair care, and entrepreneurship from the perspective of a fun-loving, New York native WAHM. Be warned, the life coach in me tends to sprinkle inspiration and law of attraction-esque messages in a lilbit. I love to share. I write to share my journey, I write to relate and entertain, I write to inform and hopefully to inspire. What started as a personal journal style blog has evolved over the years into what I hope will be an un-resourcey resource for women.
In a magical unicorn world, a random chick browsing the web would happen upon okdani.com, read a buncha stuff and leave feeling empowered, connected, less alone in her thoughts, inspired in some way, and like she made an e-friend in her head. I’m 100% real here, so you’ll get the good, bad and the ugly. And in my voice. Which is sometimes gramatically correct, sometimes a lil hood, and sometimes Jamaican. … oh yeah and I say fuck and shit sometimes.
I’m not the “perfect mommy blogger” by any means, but I do like to keep things positive overall. If you’d like to argue about religion or politics, please miss me with that and find my husband. He loves that kinda crap.
My life revolves around raising my awesome children Rohan (3) and Kaya (1), and being an
amazing awesome decent wife to my best friend, John, that I married back in 2010. We’re a kickass little family, if I do say so myself. … and I did. In December 2014 we left NYC to start a new adventure in “rural” south Florida. I wanted to be near my extended family and the beach. (PS. We have yet to get to the beach….and it’s August. #justsayin) I love my family (mom, dad and lil bro) fiercely and share about them a bunch here too.
I work as a life & wellness coach in private practice and a fitness coach through beachbody. I am very passionate about helping women (especially busy working moms and mompreneurs) transform their bodies, minds, income and lifestyle. I want other moms to create the lives they know they deserve but are stuntin’ on.
I hold a B.S. in Health, a life coaching certification from NYU and will eventually complete my lapsed masters degree. I swear! I’m a freelance writer for various sites around the web on topics ranging from motherhood, to haircare to wellness. I’ve been featured in print and online at Health, Ebony, Redbook, Essence, Reuters, Buzzfeed, PrNewswire and more. So basically, I’m super famous.
I’m into people at large, positive energy, hair care, wellness, parenting, travel, working out, writing, practicing the law of attraction and just being the best me I can be (corny, but true!). I love setting big goals and then crossing them off my list.
10 Randoms About Dani
1. I’m scared of electricity. Yes, really. #judgemeifyouwanna
2. My nose has like zero cartilage. I can twist it around, it’s so weird.
3. I can probably beat you in a foot race. Seriously, I’ll smoke you.
4. Peanut butter, grape jelly, and nacho cheese doritos on white bread. I could live on that forever.
5. I got pregnant naturally after doctors told me it was impossible. ::looks over at two healthy kids::
6. I’ve never seen star wars, breakfast club, and all the random 80’s movies I’m “supposed” to have seen.
7. If someone’s crying around me, I start to cry. I can’t help it. Even if I was happy a few seconds ago.
8. My gift: Reading people well, “seeing” them fully, even when they’re master bullshitters.
9. I am always cold. Always. Cold. And I married a man who’s always hot. Why?
10. I asked John for a random and he said: “You’re zany and you can eat like a horse.”
So there you have it!
Find me on twitter @DanielleFaust!
Catch me on youtube!
Hang with me on Instagram!
Don’t forget to subscribe and keep coming back to visit!