I’m amazed that time is flying so fast!!! (Do I say that every month? I think I do.)
This boy is just a joy.
On Thursday last week, Rohan turned 9 months. He celebrated by WALKING!!! And also clapping (finally…i’m all clapped out, trying to show him how.) and…eating a big ol’ slab of meatloaf!
He’s making such great advances and I’m loving every second of it.
This month’s rundown:
Weight: 22 lbs
Height: 29.5 inches (But I think 28.5 cuz he was so squirmy when we measured)
Diapers: Size 3 but we’re moving to size 4 due to a bunch of blowouts/peesplosions lately
Size 12 months, and every now and then I’ll squeeze him into a size 9-12 item jut cuz it looks so cute to see him stuffed like a sausage. Actually, size 9-12 month pants still fit him. And Old Navy’s size 6-12 is still fitting in some pieces.
Oh man, he’s eating everything! And he doesn’t mind spice. I made some spicy black bean soup and was eating it and he was so fast and splashed his hand in my bowl, i turned to put the bowl down and get something to wipe up his hand and he was over there sucking the broth off of his hand like it was the sweetest nectar. That soup had my mom’s scotch bonnet pepper sauce in it. I gave him water and was prepared for him to start crying but he just let me wipe his hand and kept it moving! He loves scrambled eggs, and lil bread cubes with “jam” (really, it’s apple puree), and he loves broccoli florettes and tofu cubes. I love that he’s eating so much more things now and feeding himself. We still nurse but I’m going to start to wean…that’s for a separate post though.
This kid is walking…but he’s not a walker. He takes a series of steps then plops down or grabs on to what he was walking over to. He’s speed crawling which is adorable to see, and he’s cruising along faster and with this one handed confidence that is great to see. He walks a little each day and claps as he does it, or raises his hands “hooray” style above his head.
He goes down well around 7:30-8 and sleeps for about 8-9 hours, then we nurse and he goes back to bed for 2 hours and then he’s up for the day, no matter what we do. He takes two naps, a morning one that can be anywhere from 45 minutes to 2 hours, and an afternoon nap that’s usually 45 minutes to an hour.
He’s got his front two bottom and his front two top teeth, and was OK for a while but I think more might be coming in. He’s gotten chompy and drooly and ear pully again. So we’re watching him to see what happens. He’s also biting which is the absolute worst. Every time I catch him about to bite I say in a serious voice “no biting” and he looks at me with his mouth open…and sometimes he’ll go do something else, and sometimes he’ll go full zombie on me and try to eat my whole limb off.
*speaking of saying “no” sometimes he’ll just stop and look at me and smile, and sometimes when we tell him no he throws himself back and starts fussing. Mommy no likey.
He’s still a pro at saying Vavavavava and sometimes he’ll start talking in his language and look at us expectantly to answer him in his language. I feel bad that I have to answer him in English and not Rohanese. No real “dada” yet but I’m sure it’s coming….and 100 years later, “mama” will pop out.
- clapping! I love that I can say “yaaayy” or “clap hands” and he’ll clap along….it’s the softest sound you’ve ever heard. So cute.
- Feeding himself! he’s getting so much better, his aim and dexterity is improving
- waving! this is new and not consistent yet so maybe not a milestone yet lol but it’s cute when he waves back
- learning! he knows what things are now, and will go get them or bring them to you if you ask. he always looks at you all curious like at first like he’s saying “you sure? you really want the book?…well…ok….”
- looking under everything! he’s always on the floor looking under the couch, under his toys etc. Somtimes he’ll jump when I call him while he’s looking under the couch like he’s been caught doing something naughty
- one handed sippy cup drinking! he looks like such a big boy when he does this. drinkin’ like a g, with his head cocked too.
- sneezing: he smiles or giggles every time he sneezes
- turning pages
- his new doggie
- playing with things that aren’t toys
- weightlifting lol (he always goes after my dumbbells and kettlebells, I had to hide them after every use)
- Apparently, the word “No”
- Being alone
- having his face or hands wiped off
Any advice for me at this stage?