Roey turned 8 months last Thursday! I am so grateful to have this active, healthy, awesome baby boy!
Baby’s Weight: Roey’s still unofficially weighing 20 lbs. No change…not sure why…he eats like a horse. Maybe it’s because he’s running all over and being more active.
Baby’s Height: 27 inches per his 6 month checkup . I haven’t tried to measure him…as if he’d sit still for that anyway.
What size of clothing does baby wear? He’s wearing some 9months and some 12 month outfits. Some 9-12 fit well too. It’s still so odd how different the sizing is for the different brand. Baby vanity sizing? 🙂
Any milestones baby reached during the month:
- He’s trying to stand on his own. It’s so cute how he balances. He’s up to about 10 seconds standing on his own. And he gets back down so carefully. He’s working up his courage!
- He’s got his two bottom teeth! And his top 2 are working their way out! Teething is AWFUL!
- He seems to “talk” with intention now. His “HEY!” seems to mean yes, no, up, more, down, stop, and hey get me out of here.
- He’s cruising well, not fast, but steadily
Special outings baby had during the month: We’re currently in Florida visiting my extended family for a couple weeks. He did well on the plane! Also, he tried out playing on grass for the first time. He hated it at first…but started to halfway like it now.
What are your thoughts about the past month? This past month was a huge chunk of milestones. I feel like he’s developing physically a lot faster than he is mentally, but I see his wheels turning and I know he’ll have a huge chunk of cognitive milestones soon enough. I can’t read those milestone marker things because they’ll make me worry.
What was baby’s routine? He wakes up around 7, gets 3 meals, 2 snacks and 2 naps during the day, nurses on
demand request, and goes down around 7:30. He wakes up around 4 or 5am to nurse and goes back down til 7am
How is baby sleeping? Well, we did a low-cry sleep training and it worked out SO well. He sleeps a nice 8-9 hour chunk and then nurses and goes down for a couple more hours. Some nights he’ll cry out at about 11pm but it doesn’t go further than a couple “HEYs” and he’s back to dreamland.
Reflect about the highlights of the month: Seeing his new lil teeth are the highlight, and seeing how fast and efficiently he’s moving about. Also noticing his personality. He’s such a smiley, happy little thing! (unless he’s in pain, or hungry or tired) He’s so curious and will study things so intensely.
Did any big changes occur, such as baby started daycare, stopped nursing, slept through the night, etc… He seems to have found a lovey…not sure yet, but his stuffed dinosaur is never far from him.
What are baby’s favorites – toy, food, person, etc…
- Toy: dinosaur, red bird, the remote control, Sophie
- Food: he loves yogurt!
- Person: I want to say ME! But he just lights up when he sees his daddy.
- Song: The Solar System Song
- Activity: crawling, pulling up, trying to stand and talking
- He likes seeing cars pass by
What are baby’s dislikes?
- naptime – he fights sleep like nobody’s business
- getting his diaper changed. He screams bloody murder!
- me leaving the room when he’s not distracted with something
- being taken away from something he’s not allowed to chew on
- thinking he’s alone
These monthly posts totally do not do the month any justice!
Any advice for me at this stage of baby’s development?