Girls! It’s time for Kaya’s 6 Month Old Baby Update Survey!!
Can you believe Kaya has been around for half a year?! Six months! I just…. I can’t. (OK, 6.5 months)
She ate cereal with no tongue issues and no spitting issues, for the first time a couple weeks ago and I started bawling. My mind fled to crazy places like…tween drama, teenage “i hate you mom” time, her going to college and me worrying about d-bag boys messing with her…
I don’t know why. I’m just crazy.
Probably should just focus on current milestones…but. *sniff* I just feel like it’s happening so fast.
Wasn’t I just pregnant like 5 minutes ago? And now she’s eating cereal and purees like a pro, she’s got two lil teeth that popped in… UGH!
I NEED A TIME MACHINE!!!!!!
Let’s get to her update shall we?
She was 14 and change last doc appt. I haven’t done an at home weigh in, but I will and will update this post. Plus she’s overdue for her 6 month checkup so I’ll get an accurate weight there.
Some 3-6 items still fit, but mostly she’s in 6 and some 6-9. She wears size 2 shoes. She’s super long, and slimmer than Roey was. I’m super grateful for all the clothes gifted to us by friends, and my shopaholic mother. I haven’t had to buy her a thing, just like with Roey. All I end up buying is diapers, wipes, and socks because somehow they evaporate.
We have tried a few brands with her so far: Pampers, Honest, Huggies, Luvs and even Publix. So far, no standouts for either great or awful, so going to try a few more brands and if none stand out will choose her diapers by price. Gotta say, Honest diapers are the cutest things ever!! I love the size 2 girls diapers w/ the strawberries. Honest wipes are my second fave, after Kirkland wipes from Costco.
Kaya eats every 2 to 3 hours. I nurse on
demand request just like with Rohan. I get so worried now that she’s sleeping long at night that she’s starving. I know it’s irrational and that she’d wake up and cry if she wanted to nurse….but still. When in Florida she got a bottle for the first time. It took her 3 attempts with a bottle to get used to the nipple. I’m glad she was able to catch on, I am not so tethered to her now. Overall she’s a good eater. There were some latch, and air gulping issues in the first month or so, but that’s over now.
Kaya sleeps so randomly it’s ridiculous. Some days she’s the queen of cat naps, some days it feels like she sleeps for 24 hours, and some days it feels like she downed a bottle of no-doze and is tweaked out and wide awake. I am trying hard to find some sort of pattern, but she is throwing me for a loop. One great thing about her, that never happened with Roey, is that she will fall asleep on her own!
Ahhh night time. So at about 7 weeks Kaya’s colickiness kicked the bucket and since then she’s been a perfect sleeper!! Before and during our time in Florida she would go down around 9:30/10 and then wake around 4:30 to nurse and pass out while nursing and stay asleep until 8 or 9. Up until last week she’d go down around 10:30 and then wake up around 10:30… GLORIOUS. But alas, now she’s trying to kill me. Passin out around 8 waking up at 9, getting her back down around 11 and she wakes up at 4 effin o clock in the goddamn morning! She’ll just nurse and go right back to bed at least (unless I smell poo and change her. Then she’s wide awake and thinks it’s party time.
I will say, the child is spirited. Busy just like her bro. I’ll pop her in the bumbo seat on the floor next to Roey while playing with him and she will rock and twist to get out then crawlscoot away to eat something that will kill her. She is quieter than Rohan which is interesting to observe. She’s definitely a watcher, and serious too.
- Her brother – she stares and smiles and giggles and coos at him all day long
- Chomping on any and everything she can get her mouth on
- Being upright and walking around – she likes to see everything going on and loves to be worn
- Pulling hair, blankets, earrings, fingers, anything within reach
- music and being sung to
- The most wonderful contraption in the world
- crawling around trying to eat whatever Roey is playing with
- bathtime – kicking and splashing and smiling up at me with a face like “yessss, this thing again, i love this thing!”
- sucking her fingers – I’m happy she can self soothe and fall asleep, but worried she’ll be a longtime sucker
- being held in one position for too long (unless she’s worn in a carrier)
- being in an unmoving car….or a moving car. #fml
- having something dangerous taken out of her reach or grasp
- getting changed, she will squirm and try to get out of it
- Rolling over
- Poppin two teeth out
- Sitting unassisted
- SpeedScooting around like a champ – she looks like she may start legit crawling soon (if not just walkin)
- Pulling herself up on her knees and testing one leg LOL She “cruises” but on her knees…it’s nuts.
- Giggling! i gotta get that on camera too, her face looks so…stoic…but she’s cracking up.
- Eating purees – so far just greens but we’re trying carrots today and I have a sweet potato with her name on it
She used to seem like such a calm baby. She was so much easier than Roey in a lot of ways, and Roey wasn’t even bad! #SOGRATEFUL However, she may be a lil tornado just like her big bro. She’s already full of personality and makes the best faces! She’s just the softest snuggliest lil thing and I’m so excited to be her mommy. Everyone’s like Ohhh girls are calm and sweet, boys are rowdy. This lil girl is rowdy. I’m nervous.
I feel kinda like I’m short changing her sometimes. I’m not as diligent with her routine as I was with Roey, mainly because I’m trying to be diligent with Roey’s current routine. #mommyfail. But all in all she’s doing really well, and is resilient to her brother’s intermittent roughness with her.
Next update at 9 months.
And like John Stewart, I leave you with this… a moment of zen….