Warning: Illegal string offset 'script' in /home/danfau7/okdani.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-socializer/includes/wpsr-shortcodes.php on line 52
He’s heavy! My little guy is a chunkabunk and I love it. I’m not sure of his weight since he doesn’t have a 5 month appointment. My guess is 20 lbs…(I’ll go stand on the scale with and without him and report back to you with the difference in lbs) He’s got michelin man legs and arms and is such a sturdy lil pudger. I love it!!
He’s wearing size 6 months and his hoodies are size 9 months. He’s got some onesies that are size 3-9 months that fit well. I didn’t even know size 3-9 months existed! I’ve got to get him some 9 months clothing, I’m sure we’ll be there by Christmastime.
He’s in size 3 diapers and going through them like gangbusters. This kid loves to pee and poop! And can I just tell you…I’m scared to start giving this boy real food. His poops are starting to stink BAD now that he’s eating cereal….which brings me to:
This boy is eating like a champ! We are still breastfeeding on request and he’s doing well with it. It’s still about every 2 hours during the day, but sometimes he goes 3 or 4 hour stretches without wanting to nurse. We’ve started him on a bowl of rice cereal each day and he loves it. He lets me know when he wants it and when he’s done.
His naps are so strange. In general he’ll take three short ones each day and I am grateful for every minute of them. Some days he’ll skip his morning nap and take a longer afternoon one…it’s his call.
So we’re trying to bring his bed time earlier still. we get him down around 8:30-9 now, but he’s starting to wake up more often. During the days without power we coslept full nights in bed and he’d wake up and try to nurse, and of course I’d oblige. However, if he was in his crib he’d suck his hand or self soothe some other way. So that was a bad idea (hmmm bad mom 101 anyone?) and we’re now getting him back to being used to going to bed in his crib, and I nurse him in bed or in the glider and put him back in his crib. He’s not back to his long 7 hour stretches yet though.
- turning the pages during storytime
- playing games with mommy and daddy
- that jumparoo and now liking his playmat more…even though he scoots off immediately
- the remote control still
- trying to dive out of your arms down to the floor
- pulling off glasses, pulling hair, pulling off stickers…just..pulling
- chomping on anything he can get his hands on
- music and silly songs – he’ll stop whatever he’s doing and listen to a song intently
- gymnastics (holding his feet and going back into a v and balancing there till he tips, then doing it again…and again..and again.) Kinda like this:
- getting his face wiped off
- being still
- loud sudden noises (well, who does like that?)
- the faucet
- moving around much better, scooting better
- almost sitting up unassisted, currently can do it for only like 10 seconds
- grabbing more efficiently, better aim
- starting to lift his hands up to be lifted up
- actually looking at us do sign language to him instead of turning away
- talking a lot more, and varying his “words”
- “singing” on his own
I feel like these updates are missing so much, they just don’t do the month any justice. He just get so much more capable and surprises me each and every day. I feel a billion percent blessed every day that I get to be home with him and observe all his amazingness day to day. Being a mom is exhausting and draining sometimes with all the other things besides raising a human that’s on your to do list, but it’s really the bestest thing ever. It’s incredible.
Any advice for me at this stage?? Any recommendations for 6mo+ developmental toys?