Well, I’ve set my goals and resolutions in life, and it’s time to do it for hair!
Here are my hair goals and resolution for 2013 just for comparison.
My Hair Resolution
It’s just one, and it’s very simple: NO AT-HOME HAIR COLORING. No matter what, no matter how bored I am with my hair, how cheap I feel like being, I resolve to never buy a boxed hair color and dye my air at home ever again. This isn’t just for 2014. This is an entire rest of my life resolution 🙂
… that’s a little bit tricky because I’m of two minds.
Part of me wants to get up from my computer desk right now, and take my husband’s clippers to my head and cut my hair into a short even crop. I feel like it would be nice to see what it’s like to go from bald to X length, and how long it takes me.
Part of me wants to begin growing it out to my waist so I can donate again in a couple years.
However, I’m sticking to my word, and doing what you awesome readers have suggested per this poll:
What Should My Next Hair Style (or cut) Be?
- Grow it out to a slightly longer natural tapered 'do (58%, 72 Votes)
- Permed Halley 'Do (17%, 21 Votes)
- Cut all off and let it grow back over the next year (16%, 20 Votes)
- Dramatic Faded side / Longish Top (10%, 12 Votes)
Total Voters: 118
So, I’m going to grow it out slightly to a cute tapered cut similar to these:
I cannot guarantee that I will keep it this way for long. Either the clippers or the desire to donate is going to win out. I say I’ll probably decide around 3 months after I give birth to my daughter. That’s when the evil post-partum shedding will start and make me lose my mind. (up in here, up in here)
So, I reached a bunch of my 2013 hair goals:
- Reach hip length when stretched by October 1, 2013 (hit it early!)
- Continue to grow out my hair until December 31, 2013 (failed!)
- Cut and Donate 10-12 inches of hair again in January 2014 (hit it early!)
- Get a cute short, curly cut and maintain my hair short for a while (yup!)
- After boredom of short hair sets in, begin growing it out to donate again. (coming soon i guess)
- learn how to do two strand flat twists (FAIL!)
- learn how to cornbraid (FAIL!)
- document my hair journey more thoroughly on this blog and on my youtube channel (Kinda)
- experiment with updos and products more (I did!)
- self trim as needed (I did!)
Not too shabby, eh?! I didn’t even try to learn how to braid/twist. I forgot it was even a goal. ::hanging head in shame::
My 2014 Hair Goals
- No at-home hair coloring
- Monthly Henna Treatments
- Satisfy the hair poll winner for as long as I can
- Trim off the dyed ends bit by bit and enjoy my natural hair color
- Learn how to flat twist and corn braid
- Chronicle my hair journey more frequently here and on my Youtube channel
- Experiment with more products, without going full PJ (product junkie)
That’s all I can think of.
What are your Hair Goals & Resolutions for 2014?