- raised a little boy!
- got pregnant with a baby girl!
- chopped off all my hair and got a fade!
I really feel like I need to do something new and adventurous in 2014 so I can answer this question in a cool way next year LOL.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
My resolutions for 2013 are HERE. My main resolution…FAILED…feels especially faily since I’m laying here in pajamas and mismatched socks on at 5:37pm no desire to even move. Can I blame pregnancy? I think I’m gunna.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My good friend passed away. I miss him bunches. I sometimes pick up the phone to text him a random question and then remember….that’s the worst.
5. Did you visit anywhere exciting?
6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
A more comfortable living situation, a more peaceful home life, no crazy accidents sidelining our family. A year free from financial or health struggles/woes of any kind. …..and materialistically…. a license and a car… 🙂
7. What date from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
- Roey’s first birthday – His party was so much fun!
- Losing my friend in June
- John’s accident in July
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
9. What was your biggest mistake?
- Putting my coaching business and grad school on hold (This is the same as last year…I’ll be back in school January 13th eeeep! And after BabyH2.0 is born I’ll be taking on new clients.)
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
- Thankfully no, but John did so that’s just as bad.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
- The Samsung Galaxy phone. I love it.
- Pregnancy leggings
- Some great books: iBloom in Business, Get Rich Lucky Bitch
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
- Rohan Thomas! He’s the best lil guy I could ask for.
- My mom. She’s really the most awesome human being ever and I’m so lucky to have her as my very own mother.
- A few cousins of mine have really seemed to hit their stride in life and I’m so excited for and proud of them.
- BabyH2.0! She was giving a bit of hell, but she has started to straighten up and fly right 🙂
- Depressed? Nobody.
- Apalled – Well I can’t answer this one fully honestly because I don’t know who all reads my blog :side eye: So I’m gunna go with public figures, like that d-bag Zimmerman.
14. Where did most of your money go in 2013?
- rent, unfortunately
- baby supplies
This didn’t change from last year lol. And I bet it’ll be the same for 2014.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
- ROEY!!!! Duh!! I get hyped about all his little (and big) milestones as he grows
- I was also really excited to go visit my fam this August for my gram’s 80th bday
- Finding out I was pregnant with a baby girl
16. What song will always remind you of 2013?
Sweetest song ever: All of Me by John Legend
Catchiest song ever: Blurred Lines by Robin Thicke
- more driven and focused
- older :side eye to father time:
- more introspective
- more open/blunt
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
- Seen extended family
- Yoga & Meditation
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
- John, Roey and I went to my parents’ house. We spent it eating a lot, resting a lot, enjoying every minute of it.
21. Did you fall in love in 2013?
- Yes! With Him.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
- Boardwalk Empire! #teamnucky
- Scandal! #mamapopeiseverything
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
- Nope. I dislike a few people more than I did last year, but they need not be listed. Why give any energy to that negativity? F em, and that’s that.
24. What was the best book you read?
- I really loved and was moved and inspired and motivated by Get Rich Lucky Bitch lol 🙂
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
- I don’t think I had one. Oh wait, it wasn’t a discovery but I kinda like Keb Mo a lot now. This Song gets stuck in my head sometimes.
26. What did you want and get?
- to be a WAHM, paid to do what I love
- to take a vacay with and without my lil man
- to visit my florida family
- clarity around a few situations
27. What did you want and not get?
- A winning lotto ticket? (but to be fair…I played twice lol)
28. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
- Turned 32 this year. Yowza
- Dinner w/ Johnny at home since he was all crippled up after his motorcycle accident.
29. What’s one thing that would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
- Gosh…I guess that winning lotto ticket.
- Maybe if John hadn’t gotten hurt, that jacked up our fam
- Otherwise I had a pretty satisfying year.
30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?
- HA! I don’t have a personal fashion “concept.” I’m pretty classic/plain/comfort focused. Skinny jeans, a tee, long sweater, flats, and a bag.
- At home I am in leggings and a top, right now it’s mostly maternity tops or hand me up sweatshirts from my little brother ::hangs head in shame::
31. What kept you sane?
- my mom,
- a few positive groups I’m a part of
- John (though he also drove me insane so…)
32. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
33. What political issue stirred you the most?
(this answer stays the same)
34. Who do you miss the most?
- Right now I really miss my Florida family! I’ll see them soon though!
- I miss the care-free, social girl that Dani used to be before being married with child(ren)
35. Who was the best new person you met?
- I met some great and inspiring bloggers and business women who really got my mojo turned up!
36. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013?
- Be careful who you trust and who you share with
- Allow, allow, allow
- Getting help is OK. Ask for it when you need it.
37. What are your new years resolutions for 2014?
I’ll post it soon! But I told you about my focus for 2014 already.