This post is so long overdue it’s ridiculous. Sorry for the delay. Little man has been so amazing to observe. He’s really the best thing in my world. Just a treat to see what he does each day. Hear his new sounds, see his big gummy smile. I just love every bit of this motherhood thing (except his screaming cry when he gets his shots…that blows.) He discovered his hands and his feet and I spent a million years watching him spend a million years discovering them. I just love watching him grow, and I want to take fiftyeleven pictures of him so I don’t forget any of this.
Oh and I’ve been meaning to tell you gurls, I made a blog for my family to keep up with Ro without me having to bombard this blog with those fiftyeleven pictures so if you’re feigning for cuteness check it out. Rohan Thomas Overload.
We are in a size 2 comfortably! He went through the size ones SUPER fast. I had to give his leftover newborn and size 1 diapers away.
Roey is an eating machine. He latches well, he sharks it up, and he chugs. At BlogHer when I was in the back row nursing, he was so loud people were turning around to see what was going on lol. Sometimes he goes fast and furious with his little cheeks getting all sucked in and sometimes he’s a lazy sucker. We feed on request and he eats every hour and a half or so. Sometimes longer stretches.
- music and watching people sing and dance (or at least i hope he likes it lol)
- smiling faces
- cooing, singing and talking
- bathtime, he really digs being in that water
- scratching the sh*t outta his face. I cut those nails and they grow back instantly
- being held upright, don’t you cradle him like a baby, he’ll let you have it
- looking at every single thing around him
- pushing up during tummy time…tummy time in general
- kicking books out of my hand, or at least trying to.
- waiting the two seconds it takes for me to get my nursing bra down
- being cradled in your arms (unless he’s nursing)
- being in an unmoving car
- getting into the ergo carrier, but once he’s in he digs it (usually)
- loud sounds outta nowhere, he is jumpy
- me,apparently. he beats me up and abuses me.
- He’s scooting all over, i swear he wants to crawl away
- He’s discovered his hands and his feet. His feet mesmerize him.
- He’s swatting with intention at items in front of him now. He’s WAY less spastic.
- Lifting and turning his head a lot more, that lil neck is getting less wobbly
- talking a lot more, he’s polite during convo too, he’ll wait for you to finish speaking then start talking again.
I love all his developments….he’s almost 3 months now, and he seems miles away from his 2 month old self. It’s crazy. Why does time fly so fast?