I Didn’t Know I Was Pregnant

Give me a big fat break.

OK?

I’ve heard of this show and saw one episode a year ago and although I was skeptical, I kinda thought…OK…MAYBE these women couldn’t really tell.  MAYBE they have some other reasons….

I dunno…

So I am watching an episode this morning, and the woman’s husband had a vasectomy, and she was a bit older so she attributed her symptoms to menopause….I could KINDA understand how she would’ve not known she was pregnant for a while at least….

But….

Being a pregnant woman.  Feeling my child roll around inside me.  Feeling all the jabs, kicks, punches, headbutts etc… I just don’t see how anyone would NOT know they’re pregnant.  It’s just too….noticeable!  How dumb do you have to be?

Seriously.

So yesterday I’m at the salon (just got a trim) and the show came up in convo there.  One of the stylists said she believes the women because “some people are just not in tune with their bodies.” But how out of touch can you be? It’s just so hard to believe.

That said….

I kinda love the show hahaha.  I may not believe these stories, but I love watching these women tell it. And I will watch em run to the bathroom in the middle of the night to get surprised with a baby head instead of a poop until the show is off the air!

What do you think?

Have you seen this show?  Do you think it’s a load of horse poo or do you believe these chicks?

If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Mom of two, Wife, Life & Wellness Coach, Blogger, Writer, Laughter lover, Motivator, Quasi Health Nut, Vacation Addict, Hair Care Junkie, Beach Bum Wannabe. Writes about parenting, wellness, and marriage here and on other sites.

Comments

1. Che says

Lol I feel the same you do! I’m not sure how one cannot know they’re pregnant, considering ALL the changes your body goes through, but that disbelief is great entertainment. Like say whaaaaaat? What do you mean I’m pregnant? I’m just pooped!

2. Tola says

I used to watch it loads when I was pregnant myself! I find it hard to believe myself but not completely impossible though! Some of those women had babies already! Guess it just goes to show that every pregnancy is white different I guess… Either way, it’s great entertainment!! :-)

3. says

I’ve seen the show a few times. One of them was a bit interesting, because the woman’s belly didn’t grow and she was into sports (soccer I think). I do wonder how can you go though 9 months and not know you’re pregnant.

Like you said, you feel all the jabs and kicks and stomach moving around on its own.

4. Kodie says

Someone at my last job did not know she was pregnant until she was 6 or 7 months along. You couldn’t tell (she only gained a tiny bit of weight…even at 9 months with our baggy work shirts on you could hardly notice) and she said the baby didn’t move. And this was her 3rd or 4th child so she knew what being pregnant felt like.

5. says

The show kills me. I mean… it’s a baby. I don’t care how “unactive” a baby can be… you have to feel “something!!”… and when you would you would think you would go to the doc and get things checked out!

6. Amber says

I used to watch this show on Discovery Health, before a certain someone bought the channel and got rid of it. I used to wonder about it two because there is no way I wouldn’t know I was pregnant with my two babies. But they they say, “every pregnancy is different”.

7. says

Hmm I believe at first you may not know because some women still get their period and are unaware. I did not hardly show with my daughter because I was big so it looked like I was just a thick girl no one knew I was pregnant until about 2 months before I had her. I think you feel something is off with your body and some people may be in denial.

8. Res says

I believe them. A friend of mine was watching the show saying the same thing (having already had one child) – “These women are lying! How could they not know??” A week or so later she wound up with a surprise baby of her own. Had no idea she was pregnant. It happens. *shrug*

9. CI says

the mind is a very powerful organ…if you really believe something, it will be…just like there are pseduo pregnancies, where the woman really believes she is eprgnant and her body actually produces pergnancy symptoms….right down to the inflated belly…so, it is conceivable that the exact opposite can happen…you don’t believe it..so your body “masks” all symptoms..some may not believe it..but it is medical fact..and it is damn entertaining :D

10. says

Watched it ALL THE TIME when I was pregs! I couldn’t believe it either but couldn’t stop! Such a train wreck!!! Glad I’m not the only one ;)

11. says

I’ve actually pondered on this subject before (I know right, we clearly have too much time on our hand). I can believe people that don’t know until maybe 6 months or so but the full term ones that found out they were pregnant in the bathroom when they gave birth, nah; I throw in the BS towel. Unless you are really obese, I don’t know how you would not know something is off the 8th and 9th month of pregnancy.

12. says

I love that program, used to watch it with my mum. We both believed the women were telling the truth when they said they didn’t know they were pregnant but my aunt and grandma thought it was all fake. Last year, we were all shocked when my cousin whom we saw a few months back told us she was about 5 months pregnant and she wasn’t aware until she went to see the doctor cos she felt feverish. She is kinda on the heavy side so no one could tell; that proved to my aunt/grandma that it’s very possible to be pregnant and not know it.