Vacation Natural Hair Regimen
So for the 10 days I was away, I
- baggied about 7 nights with a conditioner I bought down in Mex.
- washed with shampoo daily, which was rough on my hair.
- bunned a lot in the mornings, and did wash n gos after diving/beaching/snorkeling.
- tried a braidout one night, but it was pointless down in that humidity. Even my wash n gos turned into a mess.
- learned the bun on the top of my head was the best choice style-wise for this trip.
Totally forgot to take hair pics, but here are some shots:
- Don’t attempt anything cute, the Mexican climate will wreck it.
- Buns are ALWAYS my BFF
- Shampooing daily, SUCKS
- Baggying a Conditioner overnight is great. Soft hair that doesn’t feel salt/chlorine/shampoo ravaged is the result
- Don’t bring tons of accessories. All I used were 2 scarfs, the hat and the flower.
We’re going back to Mexico in August and I’m better prepared to handle my hair:
- Bringing a comb and conditioner in a tube (not bottle) with me on dive days to immediately rinse/condition and either bun or wash n go my hair after the dives (the dive shop totally didn’t mind us showering there, had I known I would’ve brought my supplies!)
- Buy a natural shampoo because shampooing daily is super harsh