Do you know what today is?
I’ve always loved that song!
It’s our anniversary! Yep, today marks 2 years of wedded bliss for John and I. (I use the term “bliss” loosely) On 10/9/10 my best friend and I took our vows to love and bla bla bla until John dies. 🙂
OK let me stop.
Seriously, I’m surprisingly excited about this anniversary. We’re not celebrating big, and I know John will forget to get me a card like he does on every birthday/anniversary/valentines day/Christmas… but for some reason I’m just excited about the day.
We made it through 2 years. The first year was easy peasy. This year we had some stress…namely the old apartment drama, a pregnancy, an interstate move, going to a single income household and…oh yeah…this little thing called… the birth of our first child. That’s a lot!
Last year we celebrated 1 year by going to Vegas and this year we’re celebrating by going to….::drumroll please:: … dinner!! 🙂 We actually celebrated last night at 340 Grill, our favorite Hoboken restaurant because John’s in school ’til late tonight. Booo.
To John: (cuz I know you’re reading today!!)
In honor of 2 great years of marriage I’m listing just a teensy tiny bit of the reasons why I love you.
- you let me call you jonathan even though it’s not your name
- you are great with our son
- you make me laugh all the time
- you reach all the high stuff
- we can laugh at ourselves together
- you don’t bat an eye at my craziness
- we share a decade+ of inside jokes and memories
- you know that I never fart, I just mistakenly “sit on a duck” sometimes
- you support all my ideas, even the ‘out there’ ones
- you read my mind
- you will dance with me, even though we know how it’ll end up
- you’re fluent in “danielle-ese”
- you’re my happy place (except when I’m mad at you)
- you nugoo
- you share, and taught me how
- you can fix everything and open anything
- you appreciate and “get” me
I love and appreciate you Jonathan! 2 years down, fiftyeleven more to go!!