My goodness. I’m planning a 1 year old’s birthday party. Jeeeez *GASP!* I just realized this is the last monthly post I’ll be doing. My lil man will be a big boy now, and we’ll just do periodic updates and posts on certain milestones.
He’s in 12/18 months clothes and size 4/5 shoes. Diapers he’s in size 4.
This smiley/giggly little boy is super active! He is always laughing, smiling, squealing, talking, singing, playing, pushing, pulling, reading, throwing, banging, eating, bouncing, and just….GOING. When he was sick he was slow and quiet and even though I didn’t want him sick, I liked the momentary (relative) peace!
He’s really fun and makes me laugh a lot. You can’t squat down or sit on the floor while tying your shoe or anything or he will run over and jump on your back for a piggy back ride. It’s annoying as hell sometimes but the cutest thing in the world.
I can see tantrums coming my way very soon. He’s so determined to get what he wants, but luckily he’s still able to be redirected pretty easily.
He’s doing well, sleeping from 7pm to 5am and we nurse at that point and sometimes he goes back to sleep for an hour or 2 and sometimes he’s just up so I put him in his crib with some books and I go back to “sleep” until he fusses. He usually will play and “read” for 30-45 minutes so I can doze a lil bit. His naps are still morning and afternoon and are about 1 hour in the a.m. and 45 minutes in the p.m. I’ll take what I can get. He hates going down for naps and now that I’m weaning (so I’ve cut out a pre-nap nursing session) he is extra hard to get down. 🙁
Oh he just eats everything. Mostly the same things we eat, unless it’s too spicy to give to him. He still has some purees, and he seems to LOVE cauliflower mash and oatmeal. He also eats a lot. Sometimes I’m giving him a spoonful and asking him “are you sure?” but he’s really good about turning away when he’s had his fill.
- chase games and tickle games
- piggy back rides
- playing with anything that’s NOT a toy
- pushing, pulling, ripping, banging
- singing and now, dancing along with music
- getting changed
- being left alone for one second (unless there’s something dangerous around for him to mess with)
- the word “no”
Why I’m gunna punch him in the face:
- Throwing himself around – He flails and throws himself back without notice. At first I thought it was a tantrum because he does it when I tell him no. But he does it at random during story time or when just sitting and drinking too. It’s scary and I fear one day my reflexes will fail me and he’ll go boom really hard.
- Blowing razzies. I just can’t stand it and hope he stops again. He goes through rasberry blowing phases it seems.
- MORE Sabotage. He somehow changed the exposure on my point and shoot camera, and also the display now shows some heat sensor lookin’ thing that I can’t get rid of. He also archived my emails….I didn’t even know how to do that. (But I sure learned how to undo it!)
Why I’m gunna give him lots of kisses:
- He’s learning! He’ll never sign so I’m just giving up on it. But he’s communicating more and I love it. He’s learning his body parts, even though when I say point to Rohan’s ____, he’ll point to mommy’s ____… at least he knows what the ____ is!! He’s also starting to wave, though he’s sometimey with it. He tends to wave at people with good energy, and bubbly ladies.
- He’s “speaking” more. He totally says book!! It sounds like “duck” and I love it. Also I think he says yes sometimes. I’m going to wait before claiming that one though. And he’s still saying Hey and hey girl to me. Still not saying Mama 🙁 but he says Dada (and even better: Daddy) and means it! (I’m soooooo jealous)